Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Samurai Girls~

Yo, I'm back with some more pictures for you to be impressed by. Just face it, they are pretty fabulous. And I have my awesome cosplay group mates Hansku and Jäärä to partially thank for that haha. And ofc, Poke who took the pictures. So, now that I've gotten all the credits out of the way I'll get on to the pictures; 







Sorry for the wrapping on the handle, it started undoing itself before the shoot ;__;

I really love some of the pics we got, and some are kind of meh. But that's a photoshoot for ya, can't have too many perfect pics now can we haha. It would have been awesome with a longer shoot as well, but the weather was against us and we had to rush inside as it started raining. But someday I sure as hell am gonna get more pics of my precious Gisen :3
   And I figure I could put up some info on the costume as well while I'm blogging and all. As usual the cosplay is all made by me, everything from the prop to the wig styling (which btw is kind of two colored, I liiiiiightly dyed some parts, like the roots, of it grey as I don't like completely white wigs. Gave a neat subtile effect in my opinion). And needless to say, the prop is one of my fave features of this costume. I hardly ever make cosplays with props, so this was a nice change of pace, and the insane detailed pattern on it was, believe it or not, fun to make. It took its time though, one side took about 4 hrs, a bit more. There are also other elements of the cosplay I really like, the gloves for an example deserve an extra look at. They turned out pretty cool in my opinion, especially the left one, which had a slightly more interesting design
   With all that said, I hope to wear this costume again, maybe tweak it a little, there is always room for improvement, but I really like it, it's a fun design and Gisen is one hell of a badass. Over and out.



/Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Your cosplays were so awesome, great photos!
    I'm a bit sad I didn't get any pictures of you gals at Desucon! Oh well, maybe some other time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cos!I love anime and cosplay as well!But I haven't do the cos.I know it must be very interesting!Pls post more! Shall we follow each other? i love comment and browse blogs i followed!
    XOXO
    Poppy:
    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com
    Pls leave a message if u follow me , i will follow back soon~

    ReplyDelete